Waves of Murmuration (video)
by Trent Gilliss, senior editor
No, not a line from The Pixies. Liberty Smith and Sophie Windsor Clive will ensnare you in the majesty of this chance encounter with “one of nature’s greatest and most fleeting phenomena” — a collection of starlings rolling over a
kayak canoe on a lake.
Editor’s note: In the comments below, Maureen Doallas reminded me of two spots where I first heard about starling murmurations and thought I’d share them with you: Paolo Patrizi’s magnificent photos of murmurations over Rome and a BBC documentary. Both are definitely checking out.
Hat tip to Anne Breckbill for the heads up!
20 Notes/ Hide
- neffthecannon reblogged this from beingblog
- cheesecakesandapplesauce likes this
- all-sorts likes this
- leavethesky likes this
- halfgifts likes this
- mhisadj likes this
- shewhomustnotbenamedl reblogged this from beingblog
- etiquetteleash likes this
- humulus likes this
- leadingtone likes this
- oopsidoo likes this
- alexismyfriend likes this
- floworama reblogged this from beingblog
- catchyasacactus likes this
- msamba reblogged this from beingblog
- msamba likes this
- beingblog posted this