In Gabby Giffords’ Voice
by Trent Gilliss, senior editor
Listen to the first 80 seconds of Melissa Block’s piece on last night’s All Things Considered. And then fast forward to the final 67 seconds of the audio. What a powerful message, a powerful couple minutes of radio. To hear the contrast of the fluid voice of the Congresswoman before her brain was penetrated by a bullet in January of this year, and then witness the powerful will of her language several months later rages with hope.
Now, listen to the full ten-minute piece with Block’s interview with Representative Giffords’ husband, Mark Kelly, which is bookended with Gabby’s voice. The context makes her readings all the more powerful. Non?
Yes, even those of us who work in public radio are not immune to those “driveway moments” in the darkness of the early evening. What a gift.
40 Notes/ Hide
- thelunarsolstice likes this
- luminari reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- newgamingblog likes this
- jealousbeauty reblogged this from scribnerbooks
- anthonytadina likes this
- ms-mel-i-fluous likes this
- ch0c0late-chip likes this
- landielong reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- landielong likes this
- thirdculturekid likes this
- feelmyblog likes this
- astrolater likes this
- scribnerbooks reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- beingblog posted this