by Daniel Johnson, guest contributor
This picture reminds me of a menorah, with the milkweed pods representing tongues of fire and the sunlit trees in the background strengthening the fire imagery. We are midway through the Festival of Lights, which is also known as Hanukkah. This festival is represented by the menorah, a candle holder with 9 branches.
Daniel Johnson is a community volunteer and former executive director of Kinship of Greater Minneapolis, a faith-based mentoring program for kids in need. You can see more of his photography at Savoring Servant.
15 Notes/ Hide
- lixiviate likes this
- peelapom reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- soulcomposting reblogged this from beingblog
- sazz027 likes this
- mitologiasvivas reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- mitologiasvivas likes this
- allniceonice likes this
- annmarcaida likes this
- 3rdcoastfieldnotes likes this
- artpilgrim reblogged this from beingblog
- marinabork likes this
- beingblog posted this