Maps of Sin
Trent Gilliss, online editor
The infographic above from this month’s Wired Magazine plots per-capita statistics of specified sets of data with the seven deadly sins — wrath is a compilation of violent crime numbers while gluttony is paired with the concentration of fast-food joints.
Naturally, your eye is drawn to where you live. In some cases, it is a cold, hard dose of reality. In others, it’s about what I expected. We’re located in Minnesota, so I found myself generally nodding in agreement.
But, if you’re like me and are a transplant from another state (in my case North Dakota), you revisit home and wondered why you ever left there — greed, wrath, envy, lust, pride — or realize exactly what drove you away — sloth (we NoDaks are an overly pragmatic bunch of home-dwellers).
Draw any conclusions yourself? Enlighten us and leave a comment!
(source: Kansas State University Geography/USACE)
39 Notes/ Hide
- lemongrasska likes this
- feelenervate likes this
- ziggytk reblogged this from beingblog
- gorr reblogged this from seaofstatic and added:
- seaofstatic reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- temptationofadam reblogged this from marthaq
- awkwardconfident likes this
- crocket likes this
- singmeamorning reblogged this from marthaq
- thewaythingsgo likes this
- ajayne likes this
- marthaq reblogged this from basicallyimcomplicated
- saradarling reblogged this from basicallyimcomplicated
- truestory likes this
- basicallyimcomplicated reblogged this from porcupineschool
- trentgilliss reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- moorewr likes this
- porcupineschool reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- beingblog posted this