We get a fair number of people asking us to include more overt atheists in our weekly public radio program and podcast. If you’re one of those listeners, this week’s conversation with theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss will be right up your alley.
He’s an energetic, witty thinker in the New Atheist movement who takes aim — fairly or unfairly — at religious believers. But, more importantly, his way of thinking about science as an integral part of our cultural formation and how many of us are let off the hook all-too-easily when we don’t know basic scientific principles.
His latest book is A Universe from Nothing: Why There is Something Rather than Nothing. And if you’re at all a sci-fi fan, then The Physics of Star Trek is a great read for you.
~Trent Gilliss, senior editor
17 Notes/ Hide
- sleepyheathen reblogged this from beingblog
- goriofthelandofoak reblogged this from beingblog
- boilingcole likes this
- legocaltrops reblogged this from beingblog
- uurebaltimore reblogged this from beingblog
- maneatingbadger reblogged this from beingblog
- chrisrackley likes this
- mhisadj likes this
- ammirato likes this
- sleepintheshade likes this
- leocab1 likes this
- carefree-chaos likes this
- irrealfriend reblogged this from beingblog
- abdisuleman likes this
- elsolsalioanocheymecanto likes this
- godsentwolves likes this
- opus53 likes this
- victusinveritas reblogged this from beingblog
- beingblog posted this