I have lived and worked in Dearborn, Michigan for 14 years. We have one of the largest Muslim populations outside of the Middle East. Come to my city and meet my friends. You will find yourself surrounded by peaceful, loving, and tolerant people, many of whom also happen to be Muslim. I wouldn’t want to raise my kids anywhere else.
—Janet Hughes left this poignant comment on our Facebook page in response to our recent post on the varied voices of Muslims.
~Trent Gilliss, senior editor
31 Notes/ Hide
- memorizeself likes this
- choiceofwheels likes this
- apatosaurus likes this
- waltzingmatildablog likes this
- landielong likes this
- diasporic-sadness likes this
- auxtroiscrayons reblogged this from beingblog
- mikegarycole said: I can attest to that, having grown up in Dearborn.
- wateringgoodseeds likes this
- beingblog posted this