I would definitely say that Creole is a really good example of what American is, because it shows how all these different things came together, and after a couple hundred years, what came out of it. It’s no longer African, it’s no longer French, it ain’t no longer Acadian, it ain’t no longer Spanish. It’s a culture of its own.
—Fiddler Cedric Watson, on what it means to be Creole in America.
~reblogged by Trent Gilliss, senior editor
19 Notes/ Hide
- lefemmecreole reblogged this from americanroutes
- lefemmecreole likes this
- rampanthedonism likes this
- exceptionalmoth reblogged this from beingblog
- worldvillagemusic likes this
- emturner likes this
- apatosaurus likes this
- allenbingham reblogged this from beingblog
- allenbingham likes this
- beingblog reblogged this from americanroutes
- americanroutes posted this